Writing for Readers of All Ages
- Tom Farley - fiction and articles on parenting and Quaker issues
- Sandy Farley - short stories, newsletters, recipes, and teaching aids
Sandy and Tom collaborated with co-author Diana Egly to produce
Sandy also helped edit two related publications:
- Earthcare for Friends, a Study Guide for Individuals and Faith Communities, edited by Louis Cox, Ingrid Fabianson, Sandra Moon Farley, and Ruah Swennerfelt, first published by Quaker Earthcare Witness [formerly FCUN] in 2004.
- A new revision of this is available from QEW.
- EarthLight: Spiritual Wisdom for an Ecological Age, edited by Cindy Spring and Anthony Manousos with Eric Sabelman and Sandy Farley, published by Western Friend [formerly Friends Bulletin] 2007, ISBN 978-0-9700410-2-9, 344 pages, $20.00 USD. [Now only $10 from Western Friend.]
- This is a collection of Quaker-sponsored writings on environmental issues mostly reprinted from EarthLight magazine. It includes the essay In Defense of the Peaceable Kingdom by Marshall Massey which was the stimulus for the development of the Earthcare curricula.
Tom & Sandy also write stories, together and separately from short story to novel length, for young readers and their families. Sandy's stories often start from a fragment of history, a tale, or an object. Many of Tom's works are about children and teens living with disabilities, difficulties, and embarrassments and how they deal with responsibility and the truth about themselves. Four of his shorter stories have been published in Western Friend [when it was Friends Bulletin] with one, I Don't Want to Talk About It reprinted in the collection, Healing Heart ~ Families on using storytelling to encourage caring and healthy families, edited by Allison Cox and David Albert. Articles and book reviews by Tom & Sandy have been published in Quaker magazines.